I decided to next work on finishing the actual body of the model, as I didn’t want to start modelling clothes with the base still not done.
I’m pretty satisfied with how the feet ended up, which was due to the video tutorial in the blocking out blog post and the bit about how they modelled the feet.
As for the hands, it was just as hard and fiddly as I dreaded it was going to be. I found a very helpful video tutorial on how to block out/hard model the hands in blender and decided to try it.
It was a really helpful video, although I made the fingers too thin, forgetting I was going to be softening it and they ended up looking a bit weird.