March 5 2022

Staff Model Progress – Skull

I attempted to model the crow skull part of my staff, though I was getting really frustrated with it as I just couldn’t get it the way I wanted it to be. This was the first attempt at the skull, which I can not overstate how much I hated. It also didn’t look very great outside of smooth mesh preview mode. It was a smoothed cube with a lot of extrusions and moving faces around.

I decided to try again and mostly did this by using the cube primitive and extruding faces out to where I needed them to be, then moving the vertices around to form more complicated shapes, as well as using the multi-cut tool when needed.

I went a little overboard on the chamfer vertices option and when I took the model out of smooth preview mode it was absolutely terrible, there were faces that were on places they should not be. I realise now the mistakes I made with the vertices and chamfer tool, and feel like at least I learned something new.

Therefore I will not be using this model of the skull, and I will definitely be remaking it after I finish the rest of the staff.


Posted March 5, 2022 by radcliffe-a in category 3D Digital Literacy

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

*