Staff – Further Concepting

I ended up quite liking the shapes of some of the concept sketch staffs, and the aesthetic of the skull, chains and things put together. After I had drawn this concept, I had a talk with one of the lecturers, Mike for the Studies Advice, as I was still incredibly behind in work. He liked the design and thought it would be alright to continue with it, though I needed to clean it up so it would be easier to continue from.

So I attempted to clean it up a little and add some extra details to get a final design.

I still intend to include the flowers on the staff, however, I didn’t add them onto this reference sheet so that I’d be able to see the shapes of the staff and bandages for the base modelling. I also tried to add in some little aspects of the original idea, just as a small thing to appease the part of me that still wanted to go with the original concept more, like with the poker chip that’s hanging there.

I also collected some reference images to put into PureRef, so I could try and keep them accurate.