IXD103 – Brand Guidelines

Throughout our branding process one of the key elements that a company will create is their brand guidelines document, which showcases rules and standards that communicate how your brand should be represented to the world. Brand guidelines help businesses ensure consistency and demonstrate what the company is, what it does, and what it stands for. With brand guidelines in place, you can ensure your brand’s elements are used effectively and look professional anytime they are used. When the elements in your brand are used in the correct way consistently, you can build a powerful and recognizable brand.

For us, we were given a list of elements that we have built on over the past weeks to include in our brand guidelines to showcase our work throughout the branding process. Our brand guidelines document is used for us to showcase how and how not our different branding elements should be used, showcasing how effective each element is when used effectively. The elements we should include is shown below:

I chose to create my brand guidelines on Figma as it allowed me to create consistent and clean looking design screens that showcase a right amount of type and showing off image of my brand elements. I haven’t completely finished my full brand guidelines document as I want to include more examples of brand application to fully showcase our brands visual marque.