Animated Narratives Progress.

I wanted to mock up one more finalised concept and start modelling for our animation in Animated Narratives. I decided to do a more finalised concept piece for the grave yard layout and colours:

I spoke to my group about the colours and atmosphere of the setting, and we all agreed that the night time pinks, purples and greens would be great for communicating the time of day and tie in with our stylised approach.

I then wanted to be sure to start something in terms of modelling for this class as we have a little break from modelling in 3D literacy. This was, surprisingly, more difficult than I thought – but I got there in the end, although I am not fully finished as I need some advice on sculpting the arms and mouth of this ghost!

It’s by no means perfect, but I think it’ll be ok for the purposes of starting our previs and rigging.

I have to admit that I have somewhat neglected this module, as I’ve been so wrapped up in the 3D Literacy modelling deadline that has just passed. I’m really trying to get a bit of work out in a similar fashion to how we were taught to concept in our animation in our last semester, therefore I thought doing a few thumbnail passes and trying to figure out the space was a good idea. Hopefully my productivity improves  going forward, now that things have the chance to chill out a little.