Animated Narratives: Animation reflection

Overall the project in general was a hard one to make, most of my reason was Maya wasn’t working the way we wanted when trying to add each others models together. some models were measured i centimeters and others meters so when mixing them in the scene the centimeter models would be very small and when scaled up would break the rig and model completely so we had to remake some. other problems was that some faces wouldn’t be able to be moved around as they would break if moved slightly so the face on Leons tree in my scene is a bit in front of the model than I wanted it but if I decided to move it it would distort and move another way. Maya had also once for me crashed my computer after saving, when I powered back on my save had corrupted and I had to remake my entire animation as the backups hadn’t saved either. Although I had lost everything learning the animation key frames wasn’t too hard so remaking it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. I enjoyed animating it overall as it was fun to see everything finally come together.

Overall I had enjoyed the module, I had wanted to learn properly how to do different ways of 3D modelling and animating but had always put it off, so having work set in a new program was a push for me to start learning the tools on it compared to other programs and see if I liked it more or not. I feel like being restricted to something related to nature limited the ideas me and my group could have came up with but I understand why it was set so it didn’t bother me too much.