3D Digital Literacy: Assignment 1 – Reflection

Overall I think I got on fine during the project, I was originally going to have teeth going down the middle of my sword and an eye on my shield but Maya kept being weird with the sword, so I had swapped the eye and teeth and it had went better. For using Maya for the first time, it was partly hard to get used to while I was doing some of the online tutorials from the earlier weeks but as I had went on I was able to get used to the tools,although when it came to making my sword at times I still had issues, when I combined 2 different objects it would merge 2 vertices on opposite sides of the object so it would collapse into the middle but remaking the model solved the issue, and another time when I had tried to unfold my UV map it would give me some error and not allow me to texture it properly. On the other hand Substance painter was easy to get used to as a beginner, at first I was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of options of textures and tools I had to chose from but after messing around with them for a short while I got the hand of it.

Overall I think I had done well for learning a new program, but if I was to do it again I would maybe chose to do a different object to model, as I had a hard time deciding on how to make a matching sword and shield that I liked the design of.