Throughout the module and doing the different pieces of work for the last 12 weeks, I feel as if I have improved in some areas but at the same time realising that I have a lot further to go in some of those same areas.

Studying forms of different animated characters I had enjoyed, being able to choose an animated character and challenge myself to draw them in a different way just using body shapes was fun. I feel it worked well with my reg drawing, I wanted to do a more complicated pose instead of him just standing so I went with a more action pose, having his shapes moved around more.

Perspective was something that I got the hand of quickly, I chose to do 4 drawings of each 1 2 and 3 point perspectives, the 3 point perspectives I hadn’t done much of so I feel like comparing them to the 1 and 2 point drawings it’s a bit off, something I feel I need to improve on.

Tone drawings I had a slight difficulty with, I usually drew with colours so limiting to black and white felt different. My attempt to blend the shades I feel didn’t work too well and is something I should try and improve on for further drawings.

The colour drawings I also enjoyed doing, I wanted to pick a similar colour set to one of my picked screenshots from one of my favourite animations, although I feel the colours were a bit off compared to it

Creating my own character was a slightly hard task as I usually drew pre existing characters from shows I enjoyed, so I had not much decided on what I actually wanted my character to look like. I feel I had actually decided their design a bit too late as the story and characters were already being set up for our animation at the time.

When it came to teamwork I felt I was a little behind everyone in terms of animating so it was hard for me to talk about my part with little to show each time we had a meeting, referring mostly to my character’s design being made a bit late.

In terms of my final animation, I feel I could have improved on maybe having more small movements on the characters like the hair maybe swaying from some movements. I had actually  tried to do this but it ended up looking really off in the end so I decided to not keep it. I should also look at different animation softwares as I was using Krita, which was starting to mess up during my animation in my final scene. Due to this I had to cut some of the background shots as I barely got out with what I have.

If I was to do these tasks again for the first time, I would make sure to manage my time a bit better on each week’s work, as I had underestimated some of them and ended up needing an extension.