EOYS Displays

C.V.

For my C.V. draft design I sketched up a couple of designs on photoshop, however I didn’t include any text in the draft and in my feedback I was told to dedicate more space to the “Experiences” column as it would include the key points that would ensure my employment. When creating my final draft for my C.V. I typed it up on a Word document so that I would be able to copy and paste the text over to the final C.V. design. I wanted the colour scheme and overall design of the document to fit in aesthetically with my other industry facing materials and my Major project itself.

BUSINESS CARD’S

From my feedback I was told that my Business Card Design’s were great but that the colour scheme and design stood out from the rest of my work and that I should try and link it’s design more towards that of my C.V.’s. At this point I had only sketches of my C.V. etc. completed so I thought it would be a better idea to work the colour scheme of my Business Cards into my other industry facing materials, because it feedback was already positive and I would be able to allocate more time to improving the rest of my personal branding.

DESIGN DECK

My Design Deck draft for our first assignment only really included a few images which I planned on including in my design deck. While feedback was good, I decided to dedicate more time to designing it to fit my other industry materials so that the colour scheme’s were matching. As well as this I also wrote a short paragraph on each page, explaining the premise of my major project, the process’s I went through to create it and the design choices I made along the way.

POSTER DESIGN

My feedback from my poster ideation and experimentation was also positive and I was encouraged to further develop the design were the helmet was laid on the floor. I was told to continue its developement whilst also experimenting with colours. With this feedback in mind I added colour to the helmet itself to give it a battle-worn, brassy look, and I also added a background where the helmet rests at the edge of a cliff overlooking the location of my Major Project.

Animation Show Reel

In my animation show reel I included mostly the 2D animation from my major project, some 3D animation clips from the previous two years and some commission work I had done in my spare time also. I decided to use a Animation Show Reel to display my portfolio as I felt it was a great way to engage potential employers in my work and showcase my creative abilities and skills as an animator. They’re a time efficient way of showing a large variety of work and highlighting my skills as an animator.

Royalty free music acquired from: https://pixabay.com/music/

Digital Promotional Strategies

My feed back for my Digital Promotional Strategies was great, I plan to continue to upload to my Instagram, as well as create a website which will be linked in the bio of my account, alongside my work email.

https://www.instagram.com/nito_ttt/

Career Direction

In the future I would very much like to work for a 2D animation company, most entry level jobs in the industry are in children’s television and I would love the opportunity to work as a storyboard artist or junior animator for a studio. Many junior animator job roles require proficiency in the adobe creative cloud apps and other software such as Unreal Engine, so over the summer I plan on working on my own animations to expand my portfolio. I’m very passionate about 2D animation as I’m a fan of drawing and sketching in general, however I would be very please to be involved in 3D animation regardless.

Here are some of the jobs I had been researching into for post graduate work (Specifically in the UK):