Reflection

I enjoyed this project a lot especially my scared running and tornado kicking action cycles. I felt I didn’t do as well with the walk cycle as I had previously done a walk cycle during my first year of the course, so I saw it more as something that I needed to get out of the way before I was able to move onto my running and action cycle, so in the future I want to put more effort into researching a walk style that I would be enthusiastic when animating.

I enjoyed animating the run cycle even though I had done a run cycle during my first year, this time however by raising the armsĀ  to give a panicked look to the character it allowed me to approach the same task with a different approach. I also really enjoyed the action cycle as the spinning kick is definitely the most complicated action that I have animated so far, so I learnt a lot from it. Over my break I’m going to spend some of my time off researching and getting a better understanding of the graph editor and how to use it as I was teaching myself along the way during this project, and I ended up using the graph editor to change things a lot more frequently than I had thought I would.

If I had more time on this project I would have made more of an effort to try and smooth out the animation’s. Especially with my action cycle as I feel the spinning kick can look quite choppy in certain places.

Overall I really enjoyed this assignment and I would like to try and string the animations together in the future. For example have my character run and then jump into a spinning kick in the same animation. I look forward to learning more about Maya and its tools and tricks to help me improve on my future animations.