Digital sketch and final product

After doing my rough sketch, I moved to drawing it out digital and made some minor changes to some widths of sections to be wider to fill the whole width of the mockup pages as I felt that the sketches weren’t going to be accurate to how the images would actually end up being in the final product. For this sketch I wanted to design a few different options to explore, but I generally had an idea of what I wanted to use for my final design, so from here I started to design the final product. I chose to only use two of the options as I felt that if I used to many it won’t seem consistent. The places to eat and stay use the same layout as for both of these the plan is for users to scroll through many options so I picked the layout I though worked best for that , and then the Mountains and activates use similar layout as they are simple more information based, and I wanted the photos of the Mournes to really stand out so I chose the layout that best allowed that.

For the colours I wanted to base it of the photos that I chose to use; the colours I decided on where grey, black, green and white, I went with a primarily dark theme as its easier on the eyes and I had remembered the research I did of users complaining about having no dark theme, so I felt this was a necessary colour choice, I went with green for the accent colour as it went well with the photos and as the Mournes are an area of natural beauty it felt appropriate to go with green which is associated with the environment. For the font I chose one that had fine strokes as I felt it went well with my icons also as it was an app I didn’t want anything with a bold font as it possibly won’t size down well.

https://www.figma.com/file/MGFAokBVPIgyKWvapHlTA8/Mourne-Travel?node-id=0%3A1