One of the workshops we had was sewing and how you could use thread to manipulate fabric or create pattern or designs. My first attempt was using embroidery thread on paper with a running stitch, I tried to create a pattern with the thread.
We were also asked to experiment with how we could use the thread I wanted to see if I could create an image using thread and my colour scheme, I decided to try to present a sun and moon image in a seeding stitch method.
i have also had some experience using embroidery thread as I would sometimes embroider on my own clothes; I found that creating flowers and roses especially were very effective using thread.
after some thinking about how I could present my sewing experimentals I decided to try incorporate all the different fabrics and colours I intend to use for the denim challenge to see how they would work together, I am very pleased with how they came out I think they look pretty and aesthetically pleasing I also added some embroidered roses to some to add to the overall look. For these experimentals I wanted to try use the Boro method of sewing which I had researched a small bit to find that it originated in Japan and was created to allow old clothes to be repaired and used for longer.
however this was one of the things I had the most difficulty with as I wasn’t able to form the material into the shapes and folds that I wanted, despite this I was able to create a few rouches with the fabric I had.