Critique/Presentation Week 12

This week we had another critique session of each of our projects up until this point. These critiques are useful in getting feedback and opinions from others, allowing me to make changes and improvements to my design.

The first screen showed my brand. After some feedback that the name should be changed from Hydro Homie to something else, I decided upon the name Hydroid. The name combines the word ‘hydrate’ with ‘droid’ – meaning a robot, as this app would be a digital/electronic water tracker. Also the name still contains the waterdrop icon for the ‘i’.

I am pleased with the final outcome of Hydroid and the brand I created for it. I wanted this brand design to be simple and modern and I believe I achieved that. The colour scheme of blue and white is consistent across all the pages in the app. And Digital Hydration Buddy is the strapline I created that summarises the app’s goal to track the user’s hydration intake.

This is an overview of the app up until this point. I still have to add some more pages and make improvements, but the bulk of the app has been created and I am pleased with my progress.

These are some final screens of the app. I am very pleased with these screens with their design so far. I received overall positive feedback for this app. However I was given some feedback to make sure all the numbers and calculations on the user’s homepage were correct. I was also given some feedback about implementing more colour into my app other than blue and white and this is something I’ll have to add also.