Week 12 – 3D Digital Literacy – Final Model

20/12/2023

This week I finalised my model using a quick outline design as a guide. I’ve also applied seams on my model as well as my prop. Applying Seams on a Mesh is important as it tells ‘Blender from where you want your UVs to be unfolded.’ Ref: https://www.oreilly

After that I applied the textures on the prop by using Krita, removing the checker texture and adding in the image texture. I also made sure to add the multi-resolution in the mesh to create a smooth finish. Other than that I tried to bake the multires with the mesh after unwrapping the model but it didn’t work.

The problem with posing models was when I had to apply the armatures on the model as it wouldn’t parent it with the automatic weight. I also tried to put the mesh‘s FBX in Substance Painter and Sketchfab but my device was having technical difficulties which made this harder for me.

At the moment I’m still going through my research trying to find ways to solve this issue. Even though I had some technical difficulties, I still went through and made progress.

Samples…

Reference / Outlines I’ve made

Model

Sculpting and Designing

Adding Seams

UV Texturing Prop

UV Prop Textures