Week 3 – Animation Studio – Colour

20/10/2023

Self Reflection

It’s Week 4 and we are introduced to Colour and Character development. Mainly Colour as it was our main focus. Colour is essential to animation as ‘helps us communicate, both ideas and emotions and can be used across industries to achieve results and define experiences. Ultimately, colours help us navigate the world around us and add richness to our lives.’ Ref: The Impact of Color | ARTECHOUSE 

The influence of colour creates different moods, thoughts and definitions of a being. First of all, we had to create a portrait involving colour within our world, finding the key colour templates that best fit the scheme. Therefore I decided to use some neon colours as well as blunt colour combinations, making the colours relate to the mood of the atmosphere. That being a bright, vibrant, toned environment. For this, I used these art examples from Pinterest for Reference as they gave a sort of dream-like atmospheric element which I loved…

This is an example of what I have made using these colours that I have researched and input on an A4 page using Procreate. I felt very proud of what I have made as I used 1 point perspective to practice and have a sense of improvement…

After the task, all groups were assigned to take pictures of ornaments and other objects/structures that involve complementary colours, Split complementary colours, warm-toned, cool-toned and other colour schemes that were attractive, appealing and useful for the world.

These were the examples…