Week 3 – 3D Digital Literacy – Practice + Zubat Task

13/20/2023

Self Reflection

It is Week 3 and I am taking up Blender to make 3D models. For the tasks in class, we had to put together a 3D milkshake and a 3D Vase. I was a spectacle at first when creating these two items on Blender as I had doubted myself. Thinking that I was incapable of making these things but I was wrong and became successful. I loved designing and modelling meshes but I hate when Meshes don’t turn out so well. I enjoyed making a slightly metallic look to my vase as it conveys illumination. This is done by jotting down the roughness capacity.

Finding out how to make an object have a translucent texture was very new to me and useful as I can now invent anything see-through like glass and water. This is accomplished by positioning an alpha blend, alpha hashed to the object and adjusting the visibility.

After the two tasks, we had to do a Zubat assignment, a Zubat from the Pokemon series. This was challenging to make as the animation process wasn’t going the way I wanted to but I was able to pull through. Making the Zubat move in different locations without its wings being displaced was such a hassle as  I tried fixing this by applying parent to the objects but it didn’t seem to work. Other than that the result of my animation was good as it went smoothly, not showing any malfunctions or weird places.

These are the 3 tasks I’ve done, the 3D milkshake and Vase as well as my Zubat Assignment…

Zubat Animation No. 1      Zubat Animation No. 2