Week 7- Elements Brief and Group Critique

This week in class we started off with the brief for the next project. We are given the rest of the semester to work on this project so we have plenty of time to complete this. This project will be due on week 13. We learned about the periodic table. We looked at examples of lasts years work. We learned about Taxonmies and User Flows as well.

We received a talk from Little Thunder today. It was really interested in their work and the companies they work with especially EA.

Portfolio Critic

At end of the class we had a criteria from Kyle. This is were our websites were reviewed and we received some feedback from him and the rest class.

Below you can see screenshots of my published website on web flow.

At end of the class we had a criteria from Kyle. He reviewed are website and received feedback from him and the rest class.

He told me ways I could improve my portfolio site such as:

• remove the grey background on the Nav section
  • removing the image on home screen as it’s not necessary
  • instead have a dark background with white text in Nav.
  • The call to action button on page should link to my Portfolio rather my CV.
  • I need to ensure my padding is kept the same throughout the whole site.

He highlighted the importance using appropriate headings for my website as it will help to structure my site as it will help make it look a lot better visually and make it easy for employers to follow.

I appreciate the feedback I received from Kyle and the rest of the class wrote was helpful.. Below are some of the comments my class wrote about my site.

This week I’ll work continue working on improving Portfolio site as well as making a start on the 2nd project.

I felt todays session was very helpful as I know what changes I should make to my site in order to finalise it and attract potential employers. I think if I make these simple but important changes it will greatly improve my site. I will take all the feedback I can get to help me.