Week 1 Task

This week I’ve been asked to find examples of 3 local companies from Belfast, Dublin and Uk that I admire their work and may hopefully want to work for in the future. I specifically choose these companies as they interest me.

First Derivatives 

First Derivatives Or FD are local company which was founded in Newry by Brian Conlon. He helped build their success and has left them in good hands. First Derivatives have branches in both Newry, Belfast as well as other parts of uk and around the world. First Derivatives  our the leading provider of products and consulting services to some of the world’s largest finance, technology and energy institutions. They train people up and they are very good company to work for.

Little Thunder

Little Thunder are digital product design studio based in Belfast. They collaborate closely with product and engineering teams across the globe to try tackle design problems and forge opportunities. They have worked many companies worldwide no matter the size. Their list of well known clients include EA, visa, Adobe, ulster uni to name a few. The work they have produced is very interesting and a company I like to work for.

Example of their work

Kaizen Brand Evolution

Kaizen Brand Evolution are a company that specialise in Brand Identity, Graphic Design, Digital, Packaging, Websites and Animation. They have completed web designs, Animations, Campaigns and Brand identifies for local and international clients such as Oho- Food to Go, Boojum, UEFA, Ulster GAA, Puchestown as well as many others. Kaizen have offices in Belfast, Dublin, Omagh and Donegal. I have shown some examples below of their work. From viewing these examples you can see it is very appealing and seems like somewhere I see myself working in the future.

Rapid7 

Rapid7 are a software and cybersecurity company with their main headquarters based in Boston USA. They also have a office in Belfast as well as other places. They have thousands of people working them and take on placement students yearly to help them gain experience. This is someone I could consider for placement. They have over 8,900 customers globally. Their customers include Dominos, Agco, Discovery, Hilton, etc.

The companies I researched are places I would be interested in doing placement with or working for in the future. The work they do is sounds and looks amazing and something I would like to be a part of. These companies are all so well established and respected. It would be a great honour working them. I will keep an eye out for more companies and keep my options open for now and in the future.