#IXD102-Week 4-Finalising My Specimen Screens

Once I had decided on three specimen screen designs that I liked, I took them onto Figma where I digitally recreated each one to see which I liked best.

Overall, I decided the design I liked best was this one.

PDF FILE – (palatino sketches-3)

I chose to do an ombre of the Italian flag as the colour scheme for the typeface as the Designer, Hermann Zapf is Italian. I love this design as I love the placing of the characters as they are all overlapping and not in line with each other with some letters falling off the side of the screen, yet it is still clearly legible.

I then added some information on the font, the font designer, and how the font was used to add some background. I put this information at the side of the screen in a size 12 Palatino font so it is still able to be read clearly yet does not take away from the overall design of the specimen screen.

I am overall pleased with how this screen turned out as I think the colour scheme worked well as it is not too obvious or bold, yet ties in with the background of where the font was created and the nationality of who created it. it also contains the most important information about the font without taking up all the free space on the screen, making it still feel spacious and airy.