The sun is shining, teaching has finished – it must be summer! Here are some useful tips for you over the next few months.
- If you are graduating this summer, please return all your books before graduation.
- Pay any outstanding fines – especially if you are graduating. Payment can be made electronically or in person.
- You can renew your books online – most books won’t have to be returned until the beginning of the new academic year if you are a returning student.
- You may be able to organise access to other libraries over the summer period.
- We are open all summer, although our hours are different from term-time. You can check opening hours here.
- Many of our resources are available online from anywhere at any time – see here for more details.
- Follow us on Twitter for updates and latest news.
- Get in touch with us if you have any queries, or use Library Help.
- Finally, have a great summer!
The Library has recently acquired three new multi-volume encyclopedias for engineers. The encyclopedias are all available online and can be accessed from anywhere via the University Portal.
The Handbook of Clean Energy Systems. Edited by Prof. Jinyue Yan and published by Wiley in 2015, the work consists of six volumes covering:
- Renewable Energy
- Clean Energy Conversion Technologies
- Mitigation Technologies
- Intelligent Energy Systems
- Energy Storage
- Sustainability of Energy Systems
Wiley Encyclopedia of Composites
Written by prominent international experts from industry and academia, the Wiley Encyclopedia of Composites, Second Edition presents over 265 new and revised articles addressing the new technological advances in properties, processing, formulation, design, analysis, evaluation, manufacture, testing, and reliability of composites.
Wiley Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering
The encyclopedia, a 6-Volume Set, is a living and evolving repository of the biomedical engineering (BME) knowledge base. To represent the vast diversity of the field and its multi-and cross-disciplinary nature and serve the BME community, the scope and content is comprehensive.