IXD302 – Proposal: Planning & Research

After Daniel’s lesson about our new project brief, I wanted to begin planning my proposal, and all the things that I would need to include in mine. I also wanted to carry out some research onto Hill Street, Belfast, so I know the company that I am creating the brief for.

Hill Street

Hill Street, a narrow cobbled street running from Waring Street to Talbot Street, was first depicted on the 1757 map of Belfast as an entry running off Waring Street, the entry was originally known as Pott-House Lane due to the presence of a pottery shop along the street. By the 1822 map of Belfast, the current layout of the street showed various structures lined the street, including private dwellings, a foundry and, in the mid-to-late-19th century, numerous public houses and licenced properties.

I lived on York Street in Belfast last year, which is very close to Hill Street, so I became very familiar with the street and its area. I even visited some of the restaurants and pubs along that area. I have found that it is a very pleasant place in Belfast, even in its more quieter times, it still has an air of history about it. It is such a beautifully designed street, with all the houses telling a story.

Titanic Belfast

In order to gain some experience and research for this project, I wanted to look into branding and websites that are currently being used by Belfast’s community. I decided to look into Titanic Belfast’s website, as I have visited their museum before and found it to be very entertaining.

Right away, it jumps you into the Titanic experience with a video detailing all the aspects of your visit to the museum.

I also noticed that, sitting on the home page is a map of the titanic museum, with details of what is placed in the area around it. This shows that the area can be a popular place for tourists, and that all of these buildings and structures are landmarks for Belfast.

Planning

Here are the list of items that I will need to include in my project’s proposal:

1. Title Page
  2. Project Overview (What needs done + experience)
  3. Project Approach (How it’s going to be done)
  4. Scope of Work (Who is involved)
  5. Assumptions (What you need)
  6. Deliverables (What you’ll produce)
  7. Ownerships & Rights (Work for hire / Licensing)
  8. Additional costs / fees (Expenses)
  9. Pricing & Payment Schedule (Your quote)
  10. Acknowledgement & Sign-off (Agreement to start)