IXD301 Wk5:- Responsive Web Design

This week was all about responsive web design and getting feedback on the site pages that I had already created.

Responsive Web Design is a web design that will scale to the size of the device it is being displayed on

Responsive Web Design is about using HTML and CSS to automatically resize, hide, shrink, or enlarge, a website, to make it look good on all devices (desktops, tablets, and phones)

Responsive Web Design is something that has become necessary for every website as one without has become almost useless. A website that does not have Responsive Web Design makes the website only able to be viewed on a laptop or computer instead of being able to be viewed on a number of devices such as a phone or tablet.  55% of the market mostly use their phone for internet consumption so not having Responsive Web Design almost cuts out a large amount of people from seeing the content

After having the lecture on Responsive Web Design I was able to choose if I wanted to get some feedback on what I had created of my portfolio site so far.

The main feedback that I received was that

• I should add the skills used in each case study along the top
  • Ensure that paragraphs are not too wide in width.
  • Add a footer with some colour to be able to distinguish it from the rest of the page