IXD103 Wk1:- Inatimate Object and Album Recommendation

Inanimate Object

A task that had to be done was to find an object that was near and I had to describe it from the perspective of me being the object using as little sentences as possible. I chose to write mine from the perspective of a water bottle –

I am very useful and can be taken from place to place. Most people own me and my job involves containing something in an enclosed space for the user. I can be used and used until I am no good anymore and thrown away. As my contents diminish the user becomes more full.

Album Recommendation

Another task that was done was to pretend that I was writing a recommendation to someone using the twitter format without actually saying what the book or album is. I chose to write about an album called Self Portrait –

I suggest everyone listens, its about the journeys of life and will really resonate with its listeners. Everything flows together nicely and the lyrics form to tell a story about life and the stages within. It does a great job of showing how someone can see themselves in many different ways and to represent different struggles and thoughts that they may have.

The small paragraph that was written then had to be shortened into 4 words that can describe it. I decided that instead of using adjectives, I would create a short sentence with my 4 word limit –

Inward look at oneself

Inward trials and tribulations

Both of these tasks made me realise that the words that are used to describe something are very important. If the right words are chosen it can give something more meaning. The more limit you add to the amount of words or characters that you can use makes sure that no word goes to waste and that everything written does exactly what its supposed to.