IxD301 – Promotional Strategy

IxD301 – Promotional Strategy

Now that our portfolio sites have been developed, my focus will now turn to learning how to promote it. The whole reasoning behind creating my site, is to advertise my work to potential employers and customers. This really excited me and I was very keen to learn of different methods through which I could do so successfully.

The promotional three-pronged approach:
  1. Portfolio Site
  2. Social Profiles (Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
  3. Inspiration and Priming the Brain (Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.)

Last year I already started working on creating a social platform for myself. I have created a LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Dribble for myself. Majority of these I have linked on my portfolio site. I have also included links to my site on all of my profile bios. I have added consistency into all of my accounts through using my branding from last year. This includes my icon and a banner. The colour scheme and tone of voice through out my profiles are all consistent, in order to remain professional and to build an online persona for myself, through which I can become familiar to people.

Our task for the week was to create instagram stories in order to promote the new design of our portfolio sites.

View my instagram page here!

I really enjoyed this task as it allowed me to promote all of the work I have put into the site so far.

A promotion strategy is defined by the plan and tactics you implement in your marketing plan to increase your product or service demand. Promotional strategies play a vital role in the marketing mix (product, price, placement, and promotion), and they revolve around: Target audience.

There are five (sometimes six) main aspects of a promotional mix: Advertising, Personal selling, Sales promotion, Public relations, and Direct marketing.

I really enjoyed this weeks content on promotional strategy. Going forward I am definitely going to work on my consistency on my socials. I am going to post more regularly. I have always found social media a great way of finding inspiration from other designers, so hopefully in the near future, I could be providing inspiration to others as well!