IxD104 – Illustration Pocket Profile – Gabriella Street

Gabriella Street

Gabriella Street is based in Jersey, UK, and after graduating an Arts & Design Diploma in Bournemouth, and a Graphic Design Course in London, she now freelances as a graphic designer and illustrator.

Gabriella is inspired a lot by her surroundings and the personal connotations that come with them, so after living in London, Spain, Australia, Malaysia, and various travels around the globe, her style and influence is constantly changing.

She has showcased her beautiful work in many exhibitions, the most recent including, 2019 Fish market mural, 2019 “A-Z of Climate Change” Gallery magazine illustration and 2019 Go Wild Gorillas art trail.

What initially drew me towards her work is her ability to combine vibrant, bold patterns and colours without making them clash or tacky. I have never seen work like hers before and I was immediately intrigued and had to try it out for myself. I took the Master/Apprentice approach towards one of her pieces, a pink themed tower building. I decided to complete the task on AdobeXD, however next time, because of the sheer attention to detailing required for recreating the shadows and shading she includes, to give her piece a 3-Dimensional feel, I think I should try it on Adobe Illustrator instead.

I am learning so much from the M/A approach and it is definitely something I am going to work at and re-evaluate on a daily basis. After all practice does make perfect and it will give me the confidence to be able to execute my own ideas and designs in the near future.