IxD104 – Travel App Project – Ideas development and Inspiration

Travel App Project

After reading the project brief the first step I took was to research a range of travel apps to get a feel for how others have approached the subject.

Gathering Inspiration

When looking for travel apps, I am always quite skeptical because there are quite a few which do not do what they say they do. However after searching through the app store I have chosen my 3 favourites. These three apps are definitely apps which I could imagine myself using and not only are they practical, but also aesthetically pleasing but also easy to learn how to use.

Lounge Buddy

What it does…

LoungeBuddy is the only App that makes it possible for all travellers to view, book, and access airport lounges around the world in seconds. From the casual traveler in economy to the seasoned elite road warrior, LoungeBuddy will help you make the most of your time at the airport.

Why I like it…

This is a really unique concept, one which I have never heard of before. I think it’s a great idea and would be a life saver. I loved the logo, that is what originally caught my eye. I think that the layout of the app itself, is very professional and easy to use. I especially love the use of the map.

Trail Wallet

What does it do…

Trail Wallet is an easy travel expense tracker. … Organise your expenses by trip or by month, set yourself a daily budget, then easily add expenses as you go. When you get a bill or receipt, launch the app, add the amount using the Quick Add screen and you’re done.

Why I like it…

I really like this concept because I think budgeting is a very important part of travelling, especially when you’re a student. I like the colour palette which is used. I feel like the logo could be stronger however! It is really easy to use and would definitely come in handy.

Skyscanner

What it does…

Skyscanner is a global travel search engine, helping find the cheapest destinations for flights, hotels and cars . It is super easy to use, just requiring a few minor details and preferences… it does the rest of the hard work.

Why I like it…

I downloaded this app on my phone and I was completely fascinated. This is by far the best one I’ve seen so far. Below I have included some screenshots to demonstrate how attractive the app is. Everything from the font choice, layout and icons is so fitting.

Travel App bubble map Ideas…

Here is a picture of the bubble map I created. I find that bubble maps are the best way to get all of my ideas out and I can definitely come up with something unique from these.