#IXD104 Week 1

Our first class for our IXD104 module consisted of a brief introduction into what we will be doing this semester. Such as a illustrative project and a diagrammatic project.

Pictures/Visuals can hold information like nothing else. Humans are 43% more absorbent to visuals than to the written word. In this semester I hope to learn more on this. We can combine and manipulate images to create a narrative or story.

For this half we will be creating an icon set and an interface for a travel app so I need to research and discover what I want to create and how I will showcase it.

What will I need to include?

Three screens:

• Home Screen
  • Locations/Cityscapes
  • Prototype

I really enjoyed the examples of designers that Paul showed us as it has inspired a few ideas for both my icon set and my interface. I will now need to research locations for my travel app and study other travel apps that I want to gain a better understanding of such as how they are laid out and presented. I am really excited for this semester as this is the kind of design that I have loved doing since I was 16 such as creating landscape illustrations through graphic design. I am looking forward for what this semester will bring.