User Test

Following Kyles lecture I decided to set up a user test on my portfolio website. I used my twin sister to do this as she will be completely honest with me on what I need to change and what is working and what is not! I set her three tasks to do to see is she was able to complete them quickly and efficiently. I screen recorded her tasks and included them and the time it took her to complete below.

Three tasks I set up:

1.Find my Travel app case study

2. Find my Linked In link

3. Find my Infographic sketches

Screen recordings of the results

1.

2-

3-

Reflection

As you can see from the research above Cara completed the tasks quickly and with ease. this shows me that my site is easy to use so I am very happy. All of the links worked and she was able to move freely from page to page. The tasks were a success and she completed each one, she said that the information was easy to locate which is a success! Notes from Cara included some more info on my about page so it feels more personal and I will add this change as I agree with her thoughts on this. Overall I think this test was a success and I think it has improved my portfolio and its accessibility, I thoroughly enjoyed this low budget user test and it was fun to see someone else use your sight it made me think that users use everything different this was a great eye opener for me! I will complete more of these in the future I think they are very beneficial.

IXD301- User test on Portfolio
Tagged on: