I have researched style tiles and element collages in a previous blog post access here, from this research I wanted to create my element collage for my personal brand. To design this I took to illustrator and I have included my final piece below.

I enjoyed the research for this particular task, I find style tiles and collages very satisfying and I enjoyed the process of creating this. I know that this is a work in progress and I will continue to add to this as my brand grows more and more. I think that this is a very important aspect and one that maybe some brands may think is okay to leave out or forget about but this has really helped me to organise all of my elements, see what I have and it has been very beneficial to see them together in one space.

How can I apply this to my future work?

This planning and gathering all of my elements together has been a great way to prepare for the design of my full guideline book for my brand. This small tile has been very beneficial in the preparation for my upcoming task which is my brand book as I was able to see all of the elements of my brand coming together; being able to see them all on one tile has given me a good sense of where my brand is and where it needs to go or what things need looked at further.

IXD103- Creating an element collage
Tagged on: