Final Poster

Here is my final poster for follow the rhythm project.

Final design review

In my previous design I made each letter individually with small rectangles. For my new and improved design I decided to download the font ‘Paralines’, this made my design easier to work with. I thought I would add a bright blue to the palette, I feel as though it brightens it up and lifts the overall atmosphere. I used different coloured lines to create the background image, I like the shapes and the slightly unsymmetrical edge to it. I went with white font, at glances it can appear difficult to read but I felt as though it was the only colour that suited the background image, perhaps I should have chosen a darker font, or darker background? However, overall I think it reflects line and that was the main aspect I wanted to portray, and I love the retro 70s vibes that it expresses!

Reflection on this project

I enjoyed the research for this project as I am interested in music, I was also fond of creating the collages of different artists with various lyrics. I learned a lot from this project, such as, composition and layout of fonts and text. I created numerous outcomes for this project and I am thankful for the journey it has taken me on, as I have gained more knowledge as a designer, through trial and error. I learned that research is so important and vital before you start a project and it helps to create a beautifully balanced piece of graphic work.

IXD101- Follow the Rhythm (final design)
Tagged on: