To develop my logo ideas further, I wanted to try using my full name in Procreate, to see if I could make successful logos out of it. Some have my full (extended) name and others just say ‘Alec’, as I wanted to have a mixture. I really enjoyed this task, as it allowed me to continue trying out different colour schemes and styles of writing my name. My favourite ones are the ones with the green/yellow background and the orange background. I developed the orange one into black and white ones to be part of the final pieces.
I chose to develop my logo sketches further using Procreate. Some of these are directly based off my sketches, but others are ones I thought of whilst I was doing this task. The top three are my favourites, both due to the shapes used and the colour scheme (the pink/blue one is incredibly vibrant and the contrast is eye-catching).
The first logo uses a lot of contrast as well as the second, and I love how well the colours interact. The third uses very gentle colours and the pink makes me think of ballet shoes, so this logo would be good for a ballet company.
I liked the apple in the fourth one, as I thought it was quite different and was a different interpretation of geometric shapes. I like the way the colours interacted with one another.
The fifth one has a very bold, vibrant colour scheme which makes it stand out. The letters of my name are stacked within the letter A, which is, in turn, encased in a triangle. I like the neon turquoise on black.
The sixth one was inspired by Sparta, using gold which reminds me of their armour, and red, from the Spartan cloaks worn by soldiers. This is because I was using Greek letters, which, as I have previously mentioned, made me think of a Spartan shield. I really like this one, but the red on gold is perhaps too vibrant.
The seventh and eighth ones had nice colour schemes, but I didn’t think they were as successful as the others. The ninth had a good script style, but the neon green didn’t work well on the white background. If I were to re-do this, I would put it on a black background.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this task and would love to do more work like this in the future.
EDIT: I have also included the variations on my logo/wordmark in black on white and white on black. I liked the style of the pink and blue logo so I chose to use this for further development.
We used our initials to create logos using triangles, circles, and squares. These could either be in the shapes, or arranged into a shape. I did a few different styles, but they were only rough sketches for now, as I planned to develop these further using Procreate on the Apple iPad. Whilst I liked these initial sketches, I wanted to see what I could do in Procreate to improve them. My favourite from the sketches was one of the top right logos, with the Greek letters, lowercase alpha, lowercase tau and uppercase Lambda (ατΛ), as the Lambda reminded me of a triangle, and with a circle around it, it made me think of a Spartan shield, as that is what they would have looked like. I added small, lowercase letters for my other initials, to make it more logo-like.
I enjoyed this task but looked forward to developing these further.